Intake & Recruitment Specialist
Opportunities for a Better Tomorrow (OBT) exist to break the cycle of poverty and inequity through education, job training, and employment. Our vision to strengthen the workforce by serving as a bridge to economic opportunity for individuals in underserved communities is critical for economic recovery. Through our skills-based training, education, and direct job placement, we build upward economic mobility for out-of-school and unemployed youth and adults and provide the skills necessary to gain a competitive edge in the job market. Through our principles of accountability, confidence, and professionalism, we emphasize Values of Integrity-Respecting our commitments, personally and professionally, Excellence-Pushing one another to be our very best and Empowerment-Positive change begins with us. Our commitment to fostering and maintaining a work environment where diversity, equity, and inclusion are woven into our organizational DNA.
Reporting to the Outreach & Recruitment Manager, the Intake & Recruitment Specialist plays an integral role in promoting OBT’s mission and brand on a local community level and is responsible for developing multiple layers of engagement and outreach for the organization and for coordinating the intake process, reviewing eligibility documentation, scheduling appointments and completing the initial enrollment paperwork.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
· Provide outreach and recruitment support across all sites and programs.
· Conduct comprehensive outreach and secure funder approvals on enrollments and ensure cohort recruitment targets set by the agency are met.
· Assist in the collection of eligibility documents and assemble and maintain participants folder to ensure compliance with contractual guidelines.
· Work collaboratively to ensure program enrollment outcomes are met on a regular basis.
· Participate in community wide events (street fairs, festivals, etc.) to effectively promote all OBT programs.
· Assist with developing OBT’s outreach and recruitment strategy.
· Follow up with confirmed Salesforce web inquiries/event contacts/partner referrals and direct to appropriate site/program.
Outreach & Recruitment Specialist – Page 2
· Generate viable leads from tabling and outreach events for all OBT Programs.
· Performs initial data entry, updates and maintains electronic and paper applicant files including making appropriate entries into the applicant database or other databases. Generate and submit Daily Activity Reports, and Event Summary reports as requested.
· Obtain content (photos, quotes, etc.) for OBT’s marketing platforms from community events.
· Reach out to organizations to provide information on upcoming program enrollment opportunities.
· Conduct comprehensive training sessions and provide ongoing support to ensure that all staff members have a deep understanding of OBT's programs and recruitment goals and deliverables.
· Assist with and participate in OBT’s Fundraising events and other OBT special events as requested.
· Perform all other appropriate duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
· A passionate commitment to OBT’s mission and vision.
· The ability to establish strong working relationships with team members, colleagues, participants, and external stakeholders.
· Strong skill set in data management and data tracking; demonstrated experience managing data collection, analysis, and reporting.
· Must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed.
· High degree of discretion dealing with confidential information required.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
· Must possess strong customer service and platform skills.
· High degree of integrity, professionalism, and punctuality for all events
· Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
· Bilingual a plus
· Experience with Salesforce or other databases preferred.
Education and Experience/Training:
Experience working with opportunity youth.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in social work or human services related field preferred.
Comments: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals in this position. Other functions may be assigned, and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
Salary range $45,000 - $50,000